Want to nail your next machine learning engineer interview? Sign up for our FREE Webinar. We have put together the ultimate guide on everything you need to know about preparing for the Apple machine learning interview. here ’ s what we will cover in this article :
- What is the difference between a machine learning engineer and an artificial intelligence engineer?
- What does an Apple machine learning engineer do?
- How to become a machine learning engineer at Apple
- What’s the Apple interview structure like for machine learning engineers?
- Interview study guide for Apple machine learning engineers
- Apple machine learning engineer interview questions
- Tips to crack your Apple machine learning engineering interview
- Machine learning engineering career FAQs
What Is the Difference Between a Machine Learning Engineer and an Artificial Intelligence Engineer?
machine learning enables a computer to learn on its own or with small initial help. It uses four broad types of algorithm — supervised learn, unsupervised learning, semi-supervised eruditeness, and reinforcement learn. artificial news uses three main techniques — searching techniques, cognition theatrical performance, and reason. A machine learning engineer uses machine learning techniques to solve real-life problems and build software. An artificial intelligence mastermind uses artificial news algorithm to solve the lapp problems .
What Does an Apple Machine Learning Engineer Do?
As an Apple machine learning mastermind, you will be responsible for extracting value from available data at Apple, along with data collection, clean, preprocessing, training and deploy models, and production. Some of your responsibilities as an Apple machine learning engineer will be to :
- Analyze the ML algorithms to solve a given problem and rank them by their success probabilities.
- Explore and visualize data, then identify key differences in data distribution that could influence performance when deploying the model.
- Verify and ensure data quality via data cleaning.
- Define validation strategies.
- Define preprocessing or feature engineering for a given dataset.
- Train models and tune their hyper-parameters.
- Analyze errors of the model and design strategies for overcoming them.
- Deploy models to production.
How to Become a Machine Learning Engineer at Apple
To become a machine learning mastermind at Apple, you should have a bachelor ‘s degree in computer skill or equivalent with at least 5+ years of hands-on know working with machine learn models.
Besides the educational qualifications and know, here are some key qualifications you should consider working on before applying for the role :
- You should be proficient with Python and other basic libraries for machine learning such as Pandas and Scikit-Learn
- You should have expertise in visualizing and manipulating big datasets
- You should be familiar with Linux
- You should be familiar with a deep learning framework such as TensorFlow or Keras
- It will be an advantage if you have knowledge of database technologies
- You should have effective communication skills and the ability to communicate across teams and functions
- You should possess the ability to learn and apply new technologies through self-learning
What’s the Apple Interview Structure Like for Machine Learning Engineers?
Like most early FAANG companies, the Apple consultation structure for a machine learning engineer role comprises a telephone blind followed by on-site interviews. The interviewers are particularly interested in talking about your past projects with a special emphasis on deep eruditeness and the implementation of machine determine concepts. other questions will be based on coding skills, which will besides test your optimization skills, clock time management, and space complexity management. typically, the Apple car mastermind interview process consists of the follow rounds :
- Phone screening: This round evaluates whether you are the right fit for the company before the hiring managers meet you in person. Phone screening is usually with HR and a machine learning engineer from the team at Apple you are interviewing for.
- Take-home tests: Once you clear the phone screening round, you may be invited for the take-home coding challenge, where you are given a coding assessment you need to solve in a given time.
- On-site interviews: Once you crack the coding assignment, the hiring managers will invite you for on-site rounds. There will be 4 to 5 rounds of on-site interviews with various committee members. Usually, a behavioral round is also part of the on-site interview round, during which the hiring managers assess your soft skills, self-awareness, and leadership abilities.
here ’ s a tease cheat sheet to help you prepare for your Apple machine learning engineer interview .
Interview Study Guide for Apple Machine Learning Engineers
Questions during a machine learning engineer interview cover a wide compass of technical topics. We ’ ve put together some topics you should pay attention to during your ML technical school interview homework :
- Designing complex architecture systems and platforms
- Product features
Machine Learning Topics
- General machine learning and artificial intelligence
- Model validation
- Model optimization
- Machine learning frameworks
- Framing ML problems
- Architecting ML solutions
- Designing data preparation and processing systems
- Automating and orchestrating ML pipelines
- Monitoring, optimizing, and maintaining ML solutions
- Deep learning frameworks
- Machine learning applications
Data skill promises to be the future of technology. While preferable skills keep changing with time, here are some essential ones you will need to brush up on while preparing for your Apple machine learning interview :
- Foundational coding
- Data science
- Deep learning
- Cloud offerings
- System design and software architecture
- Data structures
- Statistics/AB testing
- Big O
- API development
- Project management
- Team management
Apple Machine Learning Engineer Interview Questions
Based on inputs from former candidates and lease managers, we have created a study usher to help you prepare for your Apple machine learning interview :
SQL questions may need an collection with a filter, and others may need a few joins, recursions, and analytic functions. Following are a match of sample SQL consultation questions : 1. Analyze the given data on employees and departments of a company:
a ) Employees :
Columns : id, first name, surname, wage, department_id
Types : int, varchar, varchar, int, int
boron ) Departments :
Columns : id, name
Types : int, varchar From the above data, pick out the top 3 departments with a minimum of 10 employees and rank them as per the percentage of employees earning a salary of over $100,000. 2. You’re given a dataset of a company’s employees and departments: a ) Employees
id – int
first name – varchar
surname – varchar
wage – int
department_id – int
barn ) Department
idaho – int
name – varchar Using the information above, write an SQL query that selects the engineering department’s second-highest salary. Furthermore, your query should select the subsequent highest salary if more than one individual earns the highest salary.
To solve operational scheduling, you must know how to use arrays and dictionaries. Following are examples of problems you can expect :
- Given a string and substring, find the number of times the substring occurs in the string.
- Given a set of N words, where some words may be repeating. Count the number of occurrences of each word. (Order of the output must be the same as the input.)
System Design Questions
- Design a scheduler in Python
- Design a ride-sharing application like Uber
Recommended reading: How to Crack a System Design Interview
Algorithms and Data Structures
- Find all palindromic decompositions of a given string s. (Solution)
- Given a variety of coin types defining a currency system, find the minimum number of coins required to express a given amount of money. Assume an infinite supply of coins of every type. (Solution)
- Sort a given singly linked list in ascending order. (Solution)
For more problems on data structure and algorithm, with solutions, visit the Problems page .
Other Machine Learning Interview Questions for Your Apple Interview
In summation to the above-listed type of questions, you can besides expect some questions related to machine learning during the interview :
- Predict the probability of a user clicking on a given post.
- How would you build a system that detects if a given media is offensive?
- In a data set comprising millions of users with hundreds of transactions each of thousands of products, how would you group them to form meaningful segments?
- What is LRU Cache?
- How will you process 100,000 files across multiple servers on Hadoop?
- Let’s talk about the different kinds of memories in Java.
- Create a market basket output using SQL.
- How will you typically deal with failure analysis?
- What do you know about random forests? Do you think Naive Bayes is better?
Related reading: Apple Interview Questions
Tips to Crack Your Apple Machine Learning Engineer Interview
here are some extra essential tips to help you prepare for your machine learning engineer interview at Apple :
- Practice your coding skills on a whiteboard instead of only using paper or IDEs that provide syntax support and familiar formatting. This will make you feel more comfortable when you face the actual interview, as you won’t feel like a fish out of water.
- Make sure to complete a couple of coding challenges to feel more confident during the technical rounds.
- Don’t forget to brush up on your soft skills. They are just as important as your technical mastery.
- If you have the slightest doubt about any questions during the interview, don’t hesitate to seek clarification. Remember, there is no such thing as a stupid question.
- While answering behavioral questions, resist the temptation of providing generic or scripted answers. Use the STAR method to structure your answers better and make it easy for the hiring managers to follow your chain of thought.
- Read up on Apple as a company and practice rethinking and redesigning Apple’s features that already exist.
- Practice mock interviews on your own, with your peers, or take help from an expert like Interview Kickstart.
- You can also read the Apple Interview Process Guide for information.
Machine Learning Engineering Career FAQs
Q. How much does an Apple machine learning engineer make on average? The average annual Apple car learning mastermind wage in the United States is $ 131,000, along with numerous perks and benefits. For more information, understand Apple Machine Learning Engineer Salary. Q. I have just started my software engineering career. Can I still become a machine learning engineer? machine learning positions at most technical school companies are reserved for candidates with estimable experience ( normally 3+ years ) in the playing field. however, there are ways to start preparing yourself for a machine learning function early in your career. Experts at Interview Kickstart can show you how. Register for a release webinar nowadays !
Get Ready for Your Dream Machine Learning Engineer Role
Think it is besides unmanageable to crack Apple ’ s machine learning consultation process ? not if you sign up with Interview Kickstart !
At IK, you ’ ll teach from instructors who are actively involved in the interview march at FAANG and other circus tent technical school companies. With detailed guidance from feel instructors and interview coaches, you will be a step closer to grabbing your dream role in machine learn technology. Our course of study is one-of-its-kind and tailored to machine learning engineers to help you crack the toughest technical school interviews at FAANG+ companies. Want to know more? Register for a free webinar to take your career to the following grade.