But the last time you asked a guest about their favored separate of working from home, you got a response involving holy place socks, chunky peanut butter, and a pug named Porky .
In other words, you need some different podcast interview questions to add to your arsenal .
What are revealing podcast interview questions ? 25 podcast interview questions that get unique answers include…
- What’s a commonly held belief about your role that you passionately disagree with?
- What do you wish your younger self knew about your current profession?
- Do you agree with the common perception about your work? Why or why not?
- If you had 10x the budget you have now, what would you spend it on?
- What’s something everybody in your industry should stop or start doing?
- What’s the biggest challenge the industry is facing today? In 10 years?
- Where do you self-educate?
- If you were going to write a book, what would it be about?
Thanks to my generous LinkedIn network, I was able to crowd-source some front-runner questions to ask during a podcast interview. many of those are featured in this blog position .
Below, we ’ ve organized the best 25 podcast interview questions into three categories dealing with the guest ’ mho profession, industry, and self-improvement .
Podcast Interview Questions: Guest’s Profession
When it comes to your business podcast, listeners want to learn from people in their same situation. Writers like to hear from other writers. CMOs like to hear from other CMOs. Musicians like to hear from other musicians .
The questions you ask guests about their profession should encourage them to open up about their specific experiences. The more particular they get, the more relatable the content is .
1. What do you wish everybody silent about your occupation ?
2. What ’ s a normally held belief about your function that you passionately disagree with ?
3. When you beginning started as a [ guest ’ south profession ], what ’ south something that was more challenge than you expected ?
4. What ’ sulfur one cock that you always carry in your toolbox no topic what project you ’ re working on ?
5. What do you wish your younger self knew about your current role ?
6. Do you agree with the common perception about your work ?
7. What has basically changed about your work from when you started until now ?
8. What is the biggest trouble you or your team solved in the last year ?
9. What ’ s a business you have for your adjacent board suffer ?
10. What ’ sulfur motivating your team right now ?
11. What ’ randomness one enterprise on your whiteboard that wasn ’ thymine there 30 days ago ?
12. If you had 10x the budget you have now, what would you spend it on ?
13. How do you get yourself out of work slumps or ruts ?
[ READ: Every good podcast episode starts with an outline. here ’ s how to outline a valuable sequence in 4 steps w/ examples. ]
Podcast Interview Questions: Guest’s Industry
We always recommend focusing your B2B podcast around your ideal customer ’ randomness expertness and industry. This direction, they ’ re positioned as the adept when being interviewed on your appearance .
even if you don ’ triiodothyronine know much about your guest ’ s industry, the following interview questions will tee them up to give a valuable answer .
14. What ’ mho something about your diligence that has surprised you recently ?
15. What ’ south something that everyone in your diligence should start or stop doing ?
16. If you were sitting next to a leading technical in your field, what would you ask them ?
17. Who ’ s your mentor or industry character mannequin ? Why ?
18. What ’ s the biggest challenge the diligence is facing today ? In 10 years ?
Podcast Interview Questions: Guest’s Self-Improvement
podcast listeners are motivated to improve themselves in regards to career, education, and life in general. That ’ second why they ’ ra listening to your usher .
sol, it ’ second authoritative to ask your guests questions about their continue education and life aspirations. Oftentimes you ’ ll get an inspiring reaction that listeners take to kernel .
19. Where do you self-educate ?
20. What ’ second giving you hope right now ?
21. What ’ s a condition quo you reject and why ?
22. How do you balance life and work ?
23. What ’ s been the most influential resource for your career ?
24. If you were going to write a book, what would it be about ?
25. What ’ mho one wonder you wish that I asked you ?
How to Prepare for a Podcast Interview
We understand that making a number of questions and actually feeling prepared for a podcast interview are two different things. fortunately, there are podcast interview best practices you can use to prepare yourself .
The pre-interview can happen either wholly individually from the interview or correct before it .
A pre-interview very only has to last about 15 minutes. Its determination is to get you and your guest more comfortable and physique rapport .
[ READ : Want to impress your podcast node ? here are 10 slowly ways to W😮W ’ em. ]
besides, if you ’ re following the content-based network framework, the pre-interview is the perfect opportunity to kick off your relationship with the guest ( aka, electric potential customer ) .
A POV ( Point of View ) question is meant to draw out a distinct perspective from your guest. Its objective is to turn a high-level subject like ABM or message market into a unique conversation around the guest’s specific experiences .
To feel in truth prepare for the interview, try asking POV questions during the pre-interview. Depending on the quality of the guest ’ second answers, those questions should pop up in the actual interview .
A few of the POV questions our team likes to use:
- What’s a commonly held belief about your industry/profession that you passionately disagree with?
- What’s something that everyone in your industry should stop doing?
- What’s something that everyone in your industry should start doing?
Spoiler: Remember that number of 25 podcast consultation questions up there ? 👆 They can all be used as POV questions .
Outlining the Episode
once you ’ ve exposed your guest ’ second unique POV, you can wrap up the pre-interview with a approximate outline of the questions you ’ re going to ask. Read it back to the guest so they ’ re clear on the topics you ’ ll cover in the consultation .
then, make sure you have an episode sketch for yourself. This way, you won ’ thymine forget any of the areas you and your guest agreed upon .
What, Why, How?
In accession to the main POV questions, have some what/why/how questions set away. These assistant you take a deeper dive on the subject which your listeners will appreciate .
here ’ s an model model you can use for the POV question “ What ’ s something that everyone in your diligence should stop doing ? ”
Read more: HBS Interview Prep | HBS Interview Questions
Podcast Interview Questions Takeaways
There are lots of business podcasts out there asking guests the same generic questions .
To glean authentic, helpful answers from your expert guests, remember these takeaways :
- Use the list of 25 revealing podcast interview questions
- Prepare for the interview with a pre-interview
- Focus on asking POV questions and follow up with what/why/how questions
For more B2B podcasting insights, sign to B2B Growth on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or wherever you listen to podcasts .