By Jeff Gillis
Going through Google, I noticed there wasn ’ t any well, big, huge, mega ( you get my point ) lists of interview questions available that job seekers could well use to practice for their approaching interviews .
That’s what led me to putting together this master list of job interview questions for you!
These are all real interview questions that candidates have faced in the hot seat .
I have broken them into categories and I have also provided downloadable PDFs in two versions at the bottom of this article.
( One I made with fancy graphics you can use on your call or iPad and the other is a deprive down interpretation that can be well printed out. )
My finish was to provide you with a list you could easily use for your own mock interviews with family and friends !
Without far bustle, here ’ s the master list !
The Interview Guys’ Master List Of 200+ Job Interview Questions
Most Common Interview Questions
1. Tell me about yourself
2. Why should we hire you ?
3. What ’ s your greatest weakness ?
4. What are your career goals ?
5. What ’ s your greatest strength ?
6. What ’ s your greatest skill ?
7. How do you handle conflict ?
8. How do you handle stress ?
9. What are you most proud of ?
10. What are you passionate about ?
11. What makes you unique ?
12. How would you describe yourself ?
13. Where do you see yourself in 5 years ?
14. Why do you want to work for us ?
15. Why did you leave your last job ?
16. What motivates you ?
17. How do you work under press ?
18 How do you handle conflict ?
19. What is your wage range expectation ?
20. Do you have any questions for us ?
Questions Focused On You
21. How do you define success ?
22. Do you prefer to work alone or in groups ?
23. What ’ s the most recent book you ’ ve read ?
24. If you could describe yourself in two words what would they be ?
25. What most turns you off in a problem ?
26. If you were a billionaire, what would you do with your clock time ?
27. What are you fix to do with an employee who refuses to be a team player ?
28. If you were given the opportunity, would you take my job from me ?
29. What is your ideal problem ?
30. On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being a hard proletarian and 10 being chic, where would you rate yourself ?
31. How would you describe your personality ?
32. How do you describe you analytic skill ? Good, average or bad.
33. What would your best acquaintance say about you ?
34. What is your doctrine of selling ?
35. What is the thing that frustrates you the most about make in general ? give examples.
37. Are you good at mutlitasking ?
38. Are you self motivated/a self starter ?
39. What ’ s an animal you most admire/relate to ?
40. What do you want to accomplish ?
41. What do you do for fun ?
42. Who ’ s your mentor ?
43. What are your hobbies ?
44. What is your favored web site ?
45. What makes you uncomfortable ?
46. On a scale of 1-10, how aggressive are you ?
47. If you could have a world power, what would it be ?
48. Can you easily build rapport ?
49. How do you think early people think of you ?
50. What do you see yourself in 10 years, and how did you get there ?
51. Do you prefer Quality or Quantity ?
52. Which is better to work on, improving one ’ sulfur strengths or one ’ second weaknesses ?
53. Who is your biggest divine guidance ?
54. Do you like constant change ?
55. How do you communicate when you are restless ?
56. What video games do you play ?
57. What core value of the constitution most resonates with you ?
58. Do you find it difficult to talk to and meet fresh people ?
59. What does integrity mean to you ?
60. How will you achieve a work/life balance ?
61. What is the most competitive thing you did final week that wasn ’ triiodothyronine related to work ?
62. What gets you out of sleep together in the morning ?
63. Would you say you are a person who loves to win or hates to lose ?
64. What is your biggest regret ?
65. Describe your personality
66. What is your management expressive style ?
67. Who is your hero ?
Questions Focused On The Job
68. Are you volition to relocate for this speculate ?
69. Will you travel for this job ?
70. What interests you about this job ?
71. If you were hired, how soon can you start ?
72. Are you bequeath to travel ?
73. Are you overqualified for this function ?
74. Would you be will to work nights and weekends ?
75. What do you know about our company ?
76. What do you know about our diligence ?
77. If you were asked to, would you break Union rules if directed to do therefore by management ?
78. What ’ s the biggest trouble you see with our company ?
79. Is it okay to miss a deadline ? If sol, when ?
80. How do you feel about working hanker hours ?
81. Would you get bored in a year and leave us ?
82. How would you deal with ambiguity in the workplace ?
83. Why is diversity crucial in the workplace ?
84. What do you think about overtime exercise ?
85. name as many of the services that [ Company you ’ re interviewing with ] provides as possible and detail them
86. How long do you expect to stay with this company ?
87. How would you deal with a uncivil employee ?
88. What would you look to accomplish in the first 30 days/60 days/90 days on the job ?
89. What is the name of our CEO ?
90. How would you fire person ?
91. How are you at handling expostulation ?
92. What do you consider the most important qualities for this job ?
93. Can you from day one, be on your own, no processes, fair be told what needs to be done, and do it ?
94. Describe your best day at bring.
95. What you would do if the head spouse gave you an appointment to do ASAP and another partner gave you another appointment to do ASAP ?
96. Why should I hire you over these other candidates ? ( In a group interview )
97. Some people lone work in [ This industry ] equitable to have a occupation until something better comes along. How do we know if we hire you that you will stay ?
98. If you saw your foreman stealing would you turn him in ?
99. Would you be uncoerced to start out part-time ?
100. How do you see yourself fitting into the constitution ?
101. What would you do if you heard a coworker talk badly about about a customer ?
102. Sell me this [ object ]
103. What would you consider your one greatest property as it applies to this military position ?
104. What makes you a bad candidate for this position ?
Questions Focused On Your Past Job Experience
105. What did you like least about your last position ?
106. Can you explain these gaps in your curriculum vitae ?
107. Can you walk us through your resume ?
108. Why are you changing careers ?
109. What did you hate about your last caper ?
110. Why is your sum up sol diverse ?
111. What was the hardest thing you ever had to do in your prior bring experience ?
112. Tell me about your experience at [ XYZ ] company
113. Tell me about your background and how that impacted your ability as an employee ?
114. What do you think your former boss ?
115. name something you wish you regret at your previous job and would do differently here.
116. Why were you let go from your last placement ?
117. Why are you looking for a modern job ?
118. Were there any unethical situations at past jobs and how did you handle this ?
119. Have you ever been former for workplace ? How do you make sure you constantly get to work on meter ?
120. Pretend I didn ’ thymine read your resume, and we precisely met on the street and go from there…
Behavioral & Situational Interview Questions
121. Describe a situation where you disagreed with a supervisory program.
122. Tell me about a clock time you had a battle at work.
123. Tell me about a position where you had to solve a unmanageable problem.
124. Describe a plan or mind ( not inevitably your own ) that was implemented primarily because of your efforts.
125. Do you feel you work well under pressure ? If so, describe a time when you have done so…
126. Give me an example of a meter when you motivated others.
127. Tell me about a fourth dimension where you had to delegate tasks during a plan
128. Give me an exercise of when you showed inaugural and took the lead.
129. Tell me about a clock when you missed an obvious solution to a trouble.
130. Tell me about your proudest professional skill.
131. Describe a time when your knead was criticized
132. How would you feel about reporting to a person younger than you ?
133. Describe a fourth dimension you went above and beyond at work.
134. Tell me about the last mistake you made.
135. Describe a time when you had to give a person difficult feedback.
136. How would you deal with an angry or irate customer ?
137. Describe a time you chose to not help a teammate.
138. Describe a time where you failed, then came back to succeed
139. How would you handle a situation where you have a customer who interrupt your existing interaction with a customer ?
140. Suppose you are working on a project with an original telescope of a few months and you are told that you rather now have a few days — how would you handle it ?
141. How would you communicate to team members that a deadline was approaching and they had to have their materials ready in time ?
142. If your supervisory program gives you a conduct rate that you know is against company policy how do you handle the situation ?
143. Tell me a time when you had to make a promptly decisiveness without knowing all the facts.
144. Tell me a time when you had to work on a undertaking and had person on your team who would not cooperate. What did you do ?
145. Tell me about a time you failed and what you learned.
146. Tell me about a time when you had to work with person with whom you did not get along. How did you handle that position.
147. How would you go about solving a problem, describe the procedure.
148. Tell me about a time when you went above or beyond ?
149. Describe a time you disobeyed a rule
150. Describe a time when you didn ’ triiodothyronine complete a job on time or to expectations.
151. Tell me about a situation where you had to adapt quicklt
152. Please explain the last time you realized you made a err, how did you handle it ?
153. Tell me about a time when you had to work in a culturally diverse environment.
154. Tell me something you would change if you could go back and do it over.
155. Tell me about a time you provided excellent customer service
156. Tell us about a time you ’ ve faced a moral decision
157. Tell me about a time that a position at work was solved because of team work ?
158. If your emboss was late giving you information to complete a project for a bos 2 levels up, how would you handle it ?
159. Tell me a time when person made a decision that you did not agree with and what did you do about it ?
160. Tell me about a time that you jumped to an faulty conclusion.
161. Describe a fourth dimension when person pushed your buttons continuously- and how did you handle it ?
162. Tell me about a time when you struggled with meeting your goals and what did you do
163. How would you handle a situation where another employee was complaining about the job ?
164. Talk about a clock when you provided a creative solution to a problem
165. Tell me about a time when you had to work long hours to finish a stick out. How did you handle it ?
166. Give an example of when person on your team was not pulling their own system of weights. How did you deal with the situation ?
167. Tell me about a time you were a leader and were abortive.
168. Describe a clock time where you held a colleague accountable for their actions.
169. Describe a site where you didn ’ thyroxine particularly worry for person, but had to interact with them in a difficult situation.
170. Tell me about a time you managed a team and things didn ’ thymine exploit away as planned .
Questions About Leadership
171. Can you tell me about a time when you demonstrated leadership capabilities on the speculate ?
172. Which supporting skills do you think are most important when it comes to leadership ?
173. When there is a disagreement on your team, how do you handle it ?
174. Tell me about the hardest decision you ’ ve ever made as a leader. How did you decide which run of action was well ?
175. What steps do you take to make sure that projects are completed on time, on budget, and to the proper standard ?
176. How would you describe your leadership style ? How would your colleagues describe it ?
177. Can you tell me about a time where you faced a leadership challenge ? What did you do to overcome it ?
178. If a team member is under performing, what steps do you take to improve their operation ?
179. Have you always taken on a leadership role voluntarily ? If therefore, can you tell me about it ?
180. Tell me about your access to deputation.
181. Can you describe a fourth dimension when you lead by exercise ?
182. Have you ever served in a coach or mentor character ? How were you able to help the other person achieve success ?
183. How do you monitor a team ’ south operation ?
184. If a team is struggling to stay motivated, what steps would you take to boost battle ?
185. When a penis of your team presents you with an idea, how do you respond ?
186. Which of your by managers was your favorite leader, and why ?
187. Are there any leaders that inspire you ?
188. How do you respond to constructive criticism ?
189. What border on do you use when you need to deliver constructive criticism ?
190. What steps do you take to measure your personal performance at bring ?
191. During your inaugural days in the job, are there any changes that you try to implement immediately ?
192. When starting with a new team, how do you evaluate the stream state of their capabilities ?
193. What do you think is most significant in creating a positive culture ?
194. How do you determine who gets access to professional development or train ?
195. If your project became unexpectedly shorthanded, what would you do to ensure it stayed on target ?
196. Tell us about a time you had to lead a meet.
197. Describe how you motivate others
198. Are you a leader or a follower ?
199. What are three qualities of leadership ?
200. Describe your philosophy of leadership in a few sentences .
( A set of these are used to see how you approach solving the problem/answering the motion )
201. If you had to figure out the total number of red cars in the city of Boston, how would you go about doing that ?
202. Why is a manhole round ?
203. Mary ’ s mother has four children. The names of three of the children are April, May, and June. What is the fourthly child ’ sulfur appoint ?
204. How would you get an elephant into a refrigerator ?
205. If you had to get rid of one of the States in the U.S. which one would it be and why ?
206. Suppose you had eight identical balls. One of them is slenderly heavier and you are given a libra scale. What ’ s the fewest number of times you have to use the plate to find the heavier ball ?
207. You have 25 horses, what is the minimum number of races you can find the top 3. In one race you can race 5 horses, and you don ’ t have a timer.
208. How many bottles of shampoo are produced in the world a class ?
209. How many baseballs can you fit on a 747 ?
210. four people need to cross a bridge at night, there is entirely one blink of an eye light and only one person can walk on the bridge at a time. How do would you get them all across the bridge ?
211. How does a toilet work ?
2 PDF Versions Of This List You Can Use To Practice With
This is the PDF Version with graphics. Simply suction stop on the persona .
This is the simple version without graphics or color for easy impression. Simply click on the image above .
I hope this big list of consultation questions helps your homework !
dependable fortune !
Co-Founder and CTO
Co-founder and CTO of TheInterviewGuys.com. Jeff is a sport contributor delivering advice on job search, job interviews and career promotion, having published more than 50 pieces of unique content on the site, with his work being featured in lead publications such as INC, ZDnet, MSN and more .
Learn more about The Interview Guys on our About Us page .