We ’ ve got you covered in this list of consultation questions and some helpful case answers that you can use. Read on to start your interview homework and good fortune on landing the role you ’ re after !
39+ McDonald’s Interview Questions + Answers 2022
1. What do you know about the McDonald’s brand?
McDonald ’ s consultation questions will most likely be based on technical experience, though not all. This will give the interviewer a sense of your general cognition of the party .
- It’s a global brand that has more than 36,000 restaurants in over 100 countries.
- McDonald’s is the most well-known quick-service restaurant chain globally.
- It stays current in offering menu updates beyond the classics, such as special edition meals and evolutions on the favorites.
- McDonald’s offers a range of healthy options from fruit and salads to wraps and vegetarian meals.
2. Why do you want to work here at McDonald’s?
Below are a few different ways you can answer this motion. They show that you have an understanding of the brand and hold it in high respect.
- As McDonald’s is a big company that’s been successfully running for a long time, it would be supportive to work in a professional environment.
- I see lots of opportunities to grow and evolve within the team with the different roles that workers can advance to.
- I love the challenge of a fast-paced environment and this type of work suits my personality.
3. What hours are you available for shifts?
McDonald ’ s interview questions will besides cover topics like your handiness and intentions for the character. hera are some answers that will suit different circumstances .
- I am available throughout the weekends and also afternoon and evening shifts.
- I am flexible with my availability and willing to work as much as you need me.
- I am open to accepting shifts that are early morning or overnight hours (if 24-hour restaurant).
4. How would you greet each customer?
Showing that you ’ re a hospitable person is key for working in the kingdom of customer serve .
- Beginning with a smile and a ‘Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening.’
- I would then ask them ‘How may I help you?’
- I would keep a friendly tone and open and welcoming body language.
Recommended Course: Good Customer Service (Skill Success) Use Code SCOUT50 for 50% Off At Checkout
5. Are you looking for full or part-time work?
Make certain you ’ re clear with the interviewer in the type of work you are looking for .
- If part-time: Currently I am looking to work part-time, though maintain flexible hours to be available when you need it.
- If full-time: I am looking for full-time work to dedicate my full energy to this job.
6. Where do you see your future in 2 years?
Either way, this suffice will convey your commitment and seriousness to the role .
- If staying in hospitality: I see myself advancing through hospitality to a management position.
- If going to university for a different career path: I see myself continuing to work at a stable job to support my studies and give me the skills that will help my next career path.
Recommended Course: Goal Setting (Skill Success) Use Code SCOUT50 for 50% Off At Checkout
7. How would you deal with angry customers?
McDonald ’ s interview questions will besides head in the management of assessing your people skills, like how you handle complaints .
- Keeping a calm and polite manner, I would first understand that they are not angry with me personally but at the situation.
- I would ask questions to determine what happened.
- I would then let the customer know that I can talk to higher management to solve this issue and ask that they wait as I assist them.
8. What are your greatest strengths?
This is your prospect to show off your best skills as a actor .
- I pride myself on my professional and friendly communication skills, with the ability to listen to others and follow directions, as well as speak clearly and confidently.
- I am excellent at working in a team environment with others to be efficient and effective in service.
- I enjoy fast-paced work, and my multitasking skills are my greatest strengths in handling many actions whilst being accurate in my service.
9. What is your greatest weakness?
The interviewer is looking to see where your professionalism, ampere well as your humility in knowing that there ’ mho always board to grow somewhere .
- I find that I take on many jobs at once, sometimes helping others if I feel that their work is becoming inefficient or they need help, this can lead me to take on more responsibility than I needed to do.
- I’m a perfectionist in my work, so I am learning how to keep this strong attention to detail, while also being fast and efficient.
- I love chatting with people and am generally a social person, which leaves me making friends with each customer. I realize there is a balance to be found in keeping the service running smoothly and being more direct, whilst remaining my bubbly self.
Recommended Course: Modern Leadership: Give & Get Honest Feedback At Work (Skillshare) Free One Month Trial Of Skillshare Premium
10. What’s your favorite item on our menu?
It will help to express that you are a sports fan of the food, and can well communicate the products and potentially up-sell in your customer service.
Read more: Mulesoft Interview Questions Apisero
- I personally love the (item name) because it tastes amazing and fresh every time I order it… (from here, list off the ingredients and facts on what you know about how it is made to show that you can describe the products to customers in an enticing way).
11. How would you handle someone trying to steal?
Below is a sufficient case of a good answer to this question .
- I would note the physical appearance of the person subtly; I would instantly find the nearest supervisor or manager to inform them of what I had seen.
12. What communication skills do you have that will aid this position?
There are many examples here for great skills to list off when asked about communication skills .
- Friendly, welcoming energy and tone of voice.
- Strong memory to communicate to customer’s items on the menu and answer questions.
- Direct, clear, and simple language to be sure all demographics of people can understand.
- I can speak loudly without shouting so that my team can hear orders and other details I need to express to them.
- Professional and polite manner kept during conflicts to calm and resolve the situation.
Recommended Course: Effective Communication (Skill Success) Use Code SCOUT50 for 50% Off At Checkout
13. How do you handle a fast-paced environment?
McDonald ’ s interview questions are going to reference the fact that this is a high-volume fast-paced manner of working, so be certain to explain how you ’ re up to the challenge .
- I personally enjoy being in a busy working environment that demands speedy service.
- I have a strong ability to multitask, so working in a fast-paced environment is something that comes naturally to me.
- I don’t feel stress when there is pressure to work at a fast-pace in service, as I enjoy the rhythm of busy environments.
14. How do you work in teams?
Team-work is a big separate of fast-food service, so express how you effectively work with others .
- I believe that working as a team in hospitality is a more effective way to run a smooth business, and I’ve always felt that I can accomplish more when in a team-based environment.
- I enjoy working with others, as I am a social person who communicates with other people easily.
- I like the versatility of working with teams, following directions, or giving others direction where needed.
Recommended Course: Emotional Intelligence (Skill Success) Use Code SCOUT50 for 50% Off At Checkout
15. What makes great customer service?
In the list of electric potential McDonald ’ s interview questions, you ’ ll be asked this interview in some magnetic declination, indeed read the answers below to get an estimate of what to say .
- Creating welcoming and friendly energy with body language, smiles, and communication.
- Delivering the foot on time, every time, with consistency being something customers trust.
- A clean and comfortable environment that customers want to spend time in.
- The customer feeling like they are a ‘person’ and treated with respect, rather than just another ‘number’ in the line.
Recommended Course: Outstanding Customer Service - Your Ultimate Guide (Skill Success) Use Code SCOUT50 for 50% Off At Checkout
16. Why should I hire you?
This is where you can show that you are confident in your value as a actor .
- I am a fast learner and love the challenge of being in new environments and mastering the skills needed to succeed.
- I genuinely want to be in the environment and work culture of McDonald’s, as I believe in the company’s values.
- I feel that I would offer a refreshing, light, and uplifting energy for the customers, and my coworkers.
- I love interacting with people and feel that I would be a great addition to the service team in making others feel welcomed and happy.
Recommended Course: Do Things, Tell People: The Power Of Personal Branding (Skillshare) Free One Month Trial Of Skillshare Premium
17. What questions do you have for us?
ultimately, to end this number of McDonald ’ s interview questions, here are some questions you could ask the interviewer.
- What are the characteristics of the top-performing staff at McDonald’s?
- What is the trajectory of long-term employees in how they can advance to higher levels in the future?
- What are the hours that you are looking for a prospective employee to be able to work?
- What training is lined up for me to receive were I to get this position?
Bestseller: Mastering Common Interview Questions (LinkedIn Learning) Free One Month Trial Of LinkedIn Learning
The Job Search Process Beyond McDonald’s Interview Questions
For more information, check out my guide on fast food sketch skills to add to your curriculum vitae !
You can besides look to improve your skills and credentials with a free certificate course .
And if McDonald ’ s doesn ’ thyroxine work out, you might consider Starbucks, Kroger, Chick-fil-A, or Tim Hortons .